Full Stack Development: All You Need to Know
Are you wondering what you need to do to become a great full-stack developer?
Then, this blog is right on point for you.
In this modern fast-paced generation, if we talk about the professional world, there’s no one better than a Full Stack Developer to represent the term “versatile.” Full Stack Developers are well-versed in both frontend and backend website development and are the multi-talented professionals that every company or brand covers.
Since the advent of this digital era, more organizations are ensuring their online presence in the form of websites. Thus, the domain of website development is witnessing a growth like never before, thereby uplifting the significance of web developers naturally. The revolutionizing world of technology has thus raised the skill sets that a developer must-have. One such evolving profession in the niche is a Full Stack Developer. There are certain skills that a candidate must possess to stay ahead of the competition.
Who is a Full Stack Developer?
Before diving into Full Stack Developer skills, you must first understand web development components. Essentially, web development has two parts, i.e, frontend and backend development.
- Frontend Development: Frontend development is also known as client-side development. It’s the element of the website that a user can see or interact with. This element provides visual functionality to one’s website or application.
For example: If you plan on creating a website for your business then some photos and content won’t help you make up your website. You’ll need to provide the selection criteria, a track for the client’s info, contact details location, etc. Front-end development is the one that makes these functions appear to the user on the web or application.
- Backend Development: Backend Development is also known as server-side development. It’s the element that isn’t visible to the clients. The core functionality of a backend development lies in the fact of making the user interaction with the web or application smooth and hassle-free. In addition to this, it’s responsible for maintaining, organizing databases, and handling behind-the-scenes functionality of the frontend as well.
Suppose, many users fill out the contact form and make a purchase coming on to your website. In return, all they see is a frontend code of the successful form fill up or transaction. But, backend development is responsible for completing the purchase and storing the information in the database.
For a dynamic and functional website, you need backend development as well.
Accordingly, some developers are proficient in not a single side of development and instead are interested in both frontend and backend sides of working. These are known as Full Stack Developers.
Now, a Full Stack Developer is an expert who’s equally proficient in both frontend (client-side) development and backend (server-side) development. They’re familiar with each layer of tech stacks that go into the software product making and know how each layer functions. Most importantly they can manipulate all the backend components.
Full Stack Developers need to have a broad skillset and extensive knowledge base. Thus, one requires years of expertise in website development to earn the title of a Full Stack Developer. They’re highly valued by large companies, MNCs, and small startups. Doing full-stack web development courses can increase your chances of getting hired by your dream company.
Wondering about the skills required for a full-stack web developer? Read our detailed guide to learn about the most in-demand skills.
Crucial Full Stack Developer skills
HTML and CSS are the building blocks of website application development. HTML and CSS determine the look and feel of a web, which ultimately plays a big role in attracting customers.
- HTML:- Hypertext Markup Language is used for adding up the content on the website and defining the structure of a page. A way of making digital notes.
- CSS:- Cascading Style Sheet is a customization tool used for website personalization. It effectively presents the HTML elements, font & color and provides various looks to applications.
3. Backend Languages
A Full Stack Developer must know at least a few of these languages for backend development:
- PHP:– PHP is an open-source, cross-platform compatible language that can work seamlessly on Unix, macOS, and Windows and is one of the most popular choices for backend development.
- Python:– Python less and easy syntax, smooth learning curve, and a vast assortment of libraries and frameworks are what make it extremely popular among developers and coders around the world.
- Ruby:– Ruby is a robust programming language. Backed up by an active community of developers, it also possesses excellent documentation and dependencies, making it an ideal choice for backend development.
- Java:– Java is a multipurpose programming language that can be used for website, desktop, and mobile application development. Also, Java has a wide range of frameworks that further simplify the process of backend development.
4. Web Architecture
Full-stack developer needs to upskill themselves in order to maintain their roles and responsibility. In order to excel in this, one requires to have a basic knowledge of web architecture.
Being the expert on many elements, the industry expects a full-stack developer to know about the structural elements and user interface elements of the website application such as DNS, Database Servers, Cloud Storage, and much more.
5. HTTP/HTTPS and REST
HTTP and REST both serve unique purposes. HTTP is the protocol used for facilitating communication with the client, whereas REST is an interface between systems using the HTTP protocol to gather data/perform various operations (in different formats) on the data. Thus, REST acts like a translator between the frontend and the backend.
Since HTTP and REST are important, Full Stack Developers must master both.
6. Database Storage
All web applications need a database where all the data are stored. This is to ensure that developers can access the data whenever they want. Database storage calls for an experienced and skilled Full Stack Developer who understands relational databases and database storage inside-out. Full-stack developers must be proficient in database management as they should be able to understand, design, and manipulate database queries. They should know how to work with XML and JSON.
7. Design Skills
We’ve already made it clear that a Full Stack Developer is concerned with frontend and backend, so they must possess fundamental design skills. The knowledge of frontend design is important to make a website look attractive and appealing. A website with a clean and user-friendly design always wins the hearts of the users.
Thus, a Full Stack Developer must know the basic design principles, including UI & UX design, prototypes, scalability, etc.
8. Database Management Systems
To be a skilled and efficient full-stack developer, you should know everything about database management systems.
As a part of the development team, there’s an absolute requirement for a perfect system to manage all the databases. Besides the programming languages, you should be well-versed with systems like Oracle, MySQL, SQLite, Microsoft Access, etc.
NPM is the package manager explicitly designed for Node.js and aids in the installation of different packages. It also provides relevant solutions for various dependencies. It allows developers to place modules optimally to help the node find them and manage the dependency conflicts accordingly. It’s highly configurable, and hereby can be used for many applications, including the development, publishing, discovery, and installation of node programs.
When you aspire to become a Full Stack Developer, technical skills solely won’t be adequate. You must possess the right balance of technical knowledge and soft skills. Every Full Stack Developer needs to have the following soft skills:
- Analytical bent of mind
- Great time management skills
- Learning Curiosity
- Pay Attention in detail
- Creative Vision
Pursuing a full-stack web development course will help you master the skills. If you’re interested to learn more about full-stack development, fill out our registration form. We provide you a 20-weeks Full Stack Development training where you get to work on real-time projects followed by guaranteed placement with a starting package of 5 LPA where you pay only after getting a job. If you want to find more amazing blogs, then make sure you keep visiting our website, follow our Instagram, Twitter, Linkedin channel, like, and follow our Facebook channel for more content like this in the future!